We. Are. Family.
Ars Nova accepts resumes on an ongoing basis for reliable, hardworking and creative technicians to work on our year-round programming. Please submit resumes by e-mail to email@example.com with the desired position, from the positions listed below, in the subject line.
Facilities & Operations Associate
ABOUT ARS NOVA’S FACILITIES & OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
The Facilities & Operations Associate will report directly to the General Manager and ensure the smooth day-to-day operations and maintenance of both of Ars Nova’s facilities: our five-story home-base building on West 54th Street containing our flexible jewel-box theater, offices, shop/storage and our 4th floor penthouse loft, and our brand new home for World Premiere Productions – the 199-seat Greenwich House Theater in the West Village, making sure that the building provides state of the art support and that all departments have the information and supplies they need to succeed at meeting our collective goals.
This is a particularly exciting time to join the Nova fam as this new position will be instrumental in our upcoming transition into our second home in the West Village, and will work closely with our General and Production Managers to develop new systems and infrastructures for our downtown location.
- Maintaining (and improving!) office systems, including the organizational calendar, IT (with our IT consultant — we see you!), copiers, phones, alarms, etc.
- Ensuring cross-departmental communication is smooth and efficient.
- Coordinating the appropriate set-up of each space according to the activity. Scheduling and coordinating over-hire staff as needed to supervise activity in the building both during and outside of regular offices hours.
- Identifying and addressing all repairs and maintenance in both buildings including:
- Overseeing the custodial team(s) to ensure our artist and audience hospitality meets the highest standard.
- Overseeing minor repairs and restocking supplies.
- Coordinating with outside vendors for regular maintenance & service, including electricians, plumbers, HVAC, elevators, sprinklers, pest control along with any contractors needed for larger building improvement projects.
- Monitoring compliance with various city agencies and obtaining/maintaining all appropriate Licenses and codes, including the #Drinking Permits for Bars Nova.
- Maintaining the facilities & operations department budgets, including overseeing purchasing, and maintaining tax-exempt business accounts;
- Overseeing all Rentals in both buildings, including responding to requests, giving tours, negotiating contracts, arranging staffing, tracking the rental department budget and meeting the income goals which directly supports Ars Nova’s mission-based activities
ABOUT YOUR PREPERATION, SKILLS AND APPROACH:
The ideal candidate has training and experience in a venue/facilities related position or operations/management department at a theater or other live performance or multi-arts venue; takes great pride in creating order out of chaos; believes that the physical space in which we welcome artists and audiences directly impacts their experience and cares deeply about making that experience as positive as possible; possesses a strong facility to multi-task; is highly detail-oriented and able to retain new information quickly; takes a “get to yes” approach; has excellent communication skills (knowledge of the Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite essential, proficiency in NYC permitting and/or building systems a bonus); has the ability to drive projects forward with little supervision while also collaborating on final outcomes; is a creative problem solver; ready to jump in and help others whenever its needed; has experience or interest in working with people from different backgrounds; and will thrive in a go-big-or-go-home environment.
- Ars Nova values equity and inclusion, and prioritizes representation and diversity. Applications from persons of color are strongly encouraged. Ars Nova is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Our Facilities & Operations Associate will join our team in early June 2018.
- This is a Full-Time position with a competitive annual salary, unlimited vacation policy and optional benefits, including 403B, FSA and TransitCheck.
- Please e-mail cover letter, resume, three references and contact information to Casey York, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Working within Ars Nova’s Rep. Plot, lighting technicians design, program, and run each performance. Qualified applicants will have experience lighting on the go, and comfort with thinking on their feet. Must have some experience with Studio Spot 250′s; ability to program live from a set of Submasters a plus.
For ongoing programs, sounds technicians are responsible for the set up and breakdown of all microphones and cable, as well as live mixing. Must be capable of handling playback cues, and multitasking. Candidates should have familiarity with a digital board (preferably a DM 1000), and ability to work with several wireless microphones.
Acting as liaison between technicians, talent, and Front-of-House, Stage Managers must be organized and confident in their ability to ensure each show is ready on time. Advanced problem-solving skills are a plus. Ideal candidates will be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and must have availability on evenings and weekends.
Ars Nova is an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from persons of color and individuals with disabilities.