We. Are. Family.
Ars Nova accepts resumes on an ongoing basis for reliable, hardworking and creative technicians to work on our year-round programming. Please submit resumes by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the desired position, from the positions listed below, in the subject line.
ABOUT ARS NOVA’S HOUSE MANAGER
Ars Nova seeks a passionate and hospitality-minded part-time House Manager with live event experience and an active interest in the work and artists that Ars Nova supports. Our House Managers are responsible for managing the Front of House team including training and overseeing our team of paid ushers, box officer managers, and bartenders. House Managers communicate with stage managers and artists to ensure seamless operations, prepare for and closes out each show, oversee the use of OvationTix ticketing software, oversee bar operations, and provide excellent customer service to all guests as the primary representative of the theater.
Our House Managers work as part of a team, with one HM scheduled per performance, and report to the Company Concierge to continually improve the patron experience at Ars Nova with an emphasis on informing guests of Ars Nova’s membership and donation programs in service of Ars Nova’s mission.
ABOUT YOUR PREPARATION, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience in live event management, preferably in an arts or cultural organization
- A friendly, personable, and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly in stressful situations
- Prior experience in one or more of the following areas of responsibility: sales, customer service, public safety, alarm systems, cash handling, financial reporting, information distribution and/or “key-holder” status
- A strong facility to multi-task in an ever-changing environment with an ability to meet multiple goals on a schedule
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and OvationTix a bonus)
- A passion for helping Ars Nova continue to create unique patron experiences
- Fire Guard and CPR certifications are a plus and will be required for employment
- A personality that will thrive in a full speed/all-out/go-big-or-go-
home environment; approaching challenges with a can-do attitude
- Start Date on or about March 17, 2018.
- Shifts include evenings, weekend matinees & some Friday matinees. Approximately 15-30 hours per week.
- Competitive shift-pay.
- Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Ben Klein, Company Concierge: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Working within Ars Nova’s Rep. Plot, lighting technicians design, program, and run each performance. Qualified applicants will have experience lighting on the go, and comfort with thinking on their feet. Must have some experience with Studio Spot 250′s; ability to program live from a set of Submasters a plus.
For ongoing programs, sounds technicians are responsible for the set up and breakdown of all microphones and cable, as well as live mixing. Must be capable of handling playback cues, and multitasking. Candidates should have familiarity with a digital board (preferably a DM 1000), and ability to work with several wireless microphones.
Acting as liaison between technicians, talent, and Front-of-House, Stage Managers must be organized and confident in their ability to ensure each show is ready on time. Advanced problem-solving skills are a plus. Ideal candidates will be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and must have availability on evenings and weekends.
Ars Nova is an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from persons of color and individuals with disabilities.