Come On Over Baby!
Are you a current student or recent grad hoping to gain hands-on experience at a vibrant, eclectic organization? You’ve come to the right (cyber) place!
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR SUMMER 2018. Check back in a couple months for our FALL 2018 applications.
Ars Nova is looking for the next generation of arts administrators for our Emerging Leaders Group. We are looking for smart, motivated young theater leaders between the ages of 18 and 25. The Emerging Leaders Group is more than just an internship; this hands-on training program makes you an integral part of the day-to-day operations of our office and the discovery, development and launch of our artists. It also provides professional development and networking opportunities that prepare you to launch your career in arts administration.
Here’s a basic breakdown of the Nova experience:
- Emerging Leaders Group participants work and train at Ars Nova 35 hours a week during our regular administrative office hours: Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm.
- The Emerging Leaders Group offers a weekly stipend of $455.
- You’ll get an all-access pass to see everything we produce for free!
- You’ll participate in weekly seminars with each department @ Ars Nova and members of the larger New York theater community, in addition to mixers where you can get to know the vibrant extended network of our Ars Nova family.
- Need some extra cash? You’ll also have the potential to work part-time front of house and box office shifts for a $13/hour rate.
Current students are not eligible for the Emerging Leaders Group, but may apply for a part-time internship for school credit, see below for more info!
Still in school? Ars Nova is also looking for Part-Time Interns (20-25 hours/week) in the fields of:
- Production – Stage Management, Production Management, Technical Direction
- Arts Administration – Development, Theater Management, Marketing
- Producing – special projects have included: music video producing, audience data analysis, membership acquisitions and tour company management
These unpaid internships are designed for current students earning school credit, and hours can be flexible.